Re: [CQ-Contest] When it's over, it's over (again)

To: ve4xt@mymts.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] When it's over, it's over (again)
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 09:30:42 -0600 (CST)
 Good point.

Imagine a station with a top score in the category being DQ'd for failing to
run real-time scoring, or for failing to post their score within 30 minutes of
the contest ending...

All because some yahoo with a backhoe accidentally severed the fiber or
telephone cables providing internet service to an area (or an auto accident
taking out a poll, or a major snowstorm caused issues, and so forth) and the
service wasn't restored until a day or three later.

Look, I have no problem with real-time scoring, for those who choose to
participate in it.  If that's your thing, more power to you.  But imposing it
as mandatory on everyone, just because the technology exists?  That's another
story.

73, ron w3wn