[CQ-Contest] Opening for op at VP2V for CQWW CW

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Opening for op at VP2V for CQWW CW
From: "Dennis McAlpine" <dbmcalpine@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 15:43:28 -0500

Opening for op at VP2V for CQWW CW

As you may know, a group consisting of W2LK + spouse, WA6O, W1UU + spouse
and myself + spouse have been planning an M/S operation for CQWW CW from
VP2VQ's B&B in Tortola using the call VP2VI.  Unfortunately, Les and his
wife have had to cancel.  Therefore, there is an opening for another op
(with or without spouse) to join us in Tortola.  Take a look at VP2VQ's
QRZ.com page and his website shown there to see what the place looks like.
It is not the usual tent and generator setup so the XYL should enjoy the
stay.

VP2VQ has a good selection of antennas as shown on his website.  I will be
bringing a K3 and there is an amp available there.  If you come, it might be
helpful for you to bring some equipment to add to the operation but that is
open to discussion.  If you are interested, please contact me for further
details, e.g. cost, itineraries, etc.  Given the late timing of this change,
we need to decide on another operator by the end of this weekend so time is
of the essence.

It should be a fun trip with lots of operating and beach time.  Just think,
you won't have to worry about cooking a T-Day turkey with all that entails -
just setting up an M/S station and working the world.  Hope to hear from you
soon.

73,

Dennis, K2SX