Re: [CQ-Contest] What Thrills Me

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What Thrills Me
From: jpescatore--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 06:01:34 -0500
Jukka - I like that, I have the same urge to answer CQ, mostly to find out "How
far away are they?" That, after all, was the initial thrill of ham radio:
talking to people way far away. Of course, in contesting you quickly learn you
can get that thrill many more times per minute if you are the one calling CQ...

For me, one of the biggest attractions of the Stew Perry 160M (with Grid Square
as the exchange and points based on distance) is seeing how far away stations
are. The points per QSO matches the thrill per QSO.

73 John K3TN