Re: [CQ-Contest] Sealing coax and connectors

To: cq-contest@contesting.com <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sealing coax and connectors
From: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 11:20:44 -0600
Charly is right, PVC tape alone is no good at all.

After trying many things, and hating coax seal and liquid goops, my gold
standard has been to wrap once with self amalgamating tape (Scotch 2242 or 3M
215 Temflex, available at home stores)  and follow this with a layer of Scotch
33+.  The 33+ is required to achieve UV resistance.  This combination cuts
apart cleanly if needed for maintenance, and joints examined 6+ years later
look dry and brand new with zero residue.  Highly recommended.

73,

Drew K3PA

Message: 1