Re: [CQ-Contest] [DXLog.net - Support] NAQP Revised Rules

To: haddon.bill@gmail.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [DXLog.net - Support] NAQP Revised Rules
From: K8IA via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 20:31:05 -0500
Here is what I found, and emailed to my fellow Arizona Outlaws earlier
today. There may be more changes.

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona, Outlaws Contest Club

NAQP events (all three modes) are quite popular. Below is a link to  the
newly revised rules, which were just released.

http://ncjweb.com/NAQP-Rules.pdf

Here is what I found, in  a  quick read. You long time NAQP gurus/big guns
(read N2IC, K6LL, a  few others)  pse chime in and add/correct as you see
fit.

Expanded  multiplier  list::
-DC is now a multiplier. Not just part of MD, as  before

Off  time rule clarification:
- Clarified 30 minutes off  to be 31 minutes between  consecutive qso's.
(Most knew this, but there  was always confusion among some  newcomers to
NAQP.)

Output power  clarification:
Now defines power  output as "100W from the output of the  final
amplifier".
Thus, allowing  amplifiers at 100w output. BEFORE,  "Use of external
amplifiers capable of more  than 100 W output" was not  allowed.

M/2 classification  clarification:
Not fully sure of  what was done here, but it appears that they  further
defined the M/2  10 minute rule to make sure any transmitter stays on a
band
for at  least ten minutes. Plus clarified that only one name should be used

throughout the contest.

Log entry deadline changed to 5 days
-Was  14  days before.

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona, Outlaws Contest Club

In a message dated 12/13/2016 6:26:11 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
haddon.bill@gmail.com writes:

Chris  Hurlbut wrote:

>> The North American QSO Party rules have been  revised!

So  You're going to make us slog through the whole  document.. how about
just telling us what the changes are???

This is  such an annoying and time-wasting posting!

73 Bill  n6zfo