Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi 2 locking device?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi 2 locking device?
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 19:27:31 -0700
His concern was so that station 1 and station 2 would never end up on the same band at the same time.

Does N1MM+ have software lock outs for this?

W0MU

On 1/5/2017 11:34 AM, Jukka Klemola wrote:
Oh .. and about operating on the same band..
You use LP.
If you have separate antennas for each radio, you should have no problems.

If you want to share the antennas, I do not know of any commercial products
for the use you describe.

73,
Jukka OH6LI

For M2, you do not need a PTT interlocking device if you use two radios.

If you use two radios per band, then you need a PTT interlock for those
two radios on each band.
If you use a third radio for 3rd band multipliers, you need an interlock.
This 3rd band interlock can be complex, depending on how you want to
operate.

But, for a M2 station with just two radios, one for a band at a time, you
do not need an interlock.

73,
Jukka OH6LI

Hola,

I'm planning to operate M2 LP, the oncoming contest season.
I do have two WX0B passbands filters from my previous SO2R setup.

-Only two radios will be used.
and
- Very simple antennas setup on a city lot:
Log periodic Cushcraft ASL-2020
Vertical tribander Force13 VR-3
Twin Slopper Alpha-delta DX-A

Is there any summary related to options available for locking devices to
prevent two radios to operate in the same band?  I do not want to have
burned front ends.
Preferably,  I would like to build it.

I appreciate the feedback

73