Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest rankings depend on the will of those who want t

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest rankings depend on the will of those who want to hurt you
From: Martin LU5DX <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 21:54:14 -0300
Not just a PDF certificate.
People are also competing for a WRTC which actually made things worse.

Regarding power in Cyprus, that's not the only case. Morocco too, Italy and tens of countries too.

The only way out I see is to reduce the maximum output power allowed for major contests to just 100 Watts.

It will be easy to catch people running deca Watts. Cheaters will continue to cheat, but maybe with just a few hundred Watts.

It will be a whole lot easier for distant stations VK/ZL, etc. to get an EU pileup going since Wall to Wall QRM will be reduced by a bunch.

Electricity bills will be arrive with a lot less $$$.

Maybe contesting will be a game for everybody again and not a competition for a few super big egos.

Too bad, but it is what it is.

73,

Martin LU5DX