[CQ-Contest] Dayton Hamvention Accessibility

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Hamvention Accessibility
From: K8MR via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 17:28:28 -0500
Visiting the Dayton Hamvention booth at the Orlando Hamcation, I learned
something interesting about the new Hamvention site in Xenia, Ohio: it's very
bicycle accessible. There are bike trails going directly into the Greene County
Fairgrounds from downtown Dayton. In addition, Xenia is right on the Ohio to
Erie Trail which connects to both Columbus and Cincinnati.

I'm sure the Bicycle Hams will be elated at this. I'm not presently planning to
get there by bike, although looking at the maps I suspect traffic jams in Xenia
will be the biggest complaint about the new site. Bikes are not so good if
you're carrying a roll of hardline, but otherwise I can imagine it not taking
much longer from downtown Dayton to the Hamvention on a bike than in a car.

73  -  Jim  K8MR