[CQ-Contest] Contesting 101 - Copy the exchange, don't assume pre-fills

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting 101 - Copy the exchange, don't assume pre-fills are correct
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 17:37:17 -0700
In recent years, after reviewing my ARRL DX contest LCRs, I note that 1-5% of stations worked lose a QSO because they "copy" the wrong state for me. They incorrectly enter PA, where I used to live and operate for many years, but have not operated from there in 10 years. Where they get that info is baffling. Old log history files? An old CTY file that had me listed as an exception in PA, as I have a 2-call?

This year will be even more interesting to see the LCR. This year, I will be operating from VA. Not my old QTH, PA, and not my current QTH of almost 10 years, CO. Please copy what is sent!

73,
Barry W2UP (from VA in the contest)

---