[CQ-Contest] My "fun" with ARRL DX contest

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] My "fun" with ARRL DX contest
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 10:15:20 +0700
I admit I forgot.  I forgot that ARRL contests are really American contests.
So, I got ready at 0000z, 7AM local Thailand time, and began looking for NA
contacts, finding abt 5 strong CA stations and nothing else (5el mono on 20
and 15, 2el 40m quad, and K3).

Normal fade out time is about 0130z and this time was 45min.  I shut down
until my next day and worked a grand total of 26 Qs.  Massive boredom.

Now, if you wonder where was S.E.Asia, that was me with small numbers,
friend in VN with 170 Qs, and another VN who knew the situation and did not
start.

It is just no fun to enter a contest to work only Americas.  I must
remember, if contests have "ARRL" on it, forget it.

Charly, HS0ZCW

​"Everybody work everybody" or snooze.​