Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - considerations on the truths that are revealed

To: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - considerations on the truths that are revealed
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 05:13:15 +0000
That US has few DQs is primarily connected to the FACT that most Americans
respect and pay tribute to play according the rules.

There are bad apples in the US basket too, but compared to other selected
parts of the world, this number is very low.

Those who try to defend there innocence always try to reduce the issue to
some "few not important exceptions". Before any committee makes the
decision to DQ, be sure they have washed "the dirty linen" numerous times
to be sure on the decision.

In this particular case, let us just also review the score difference
between the accused and the station following... Such difference is not
normal in a highly competitive CQWW, especially in that category - and
especially considering WRTC qualification reality.

Sorry that I might swim into somewhat deep water, but with this particular
station, I have several times been amazed by signal strengths compared to
similarly located stations.... Also, even with my 1 kW, many times the
station have not heard me when S-meter readings on his signals were S1-3.
This despite the fact that band was quiet and the accused had no callers.

Instead of in own interest try to use this case as a protection cover and
excuse for own violations of the rule (referring to other "poor" innocent
cheaters), try to grow up guys and realize this could indeed be a game for
gentlemen, in case everyone took compliance to rules seriously.

Power Cheating is the main problem of the contesting - but even worse that
that is power cheating combined with other violations.

That is when we end up with completely unrealistic score differences in
Top-10 lists....

73 de Mats (RM2D)