Re: [CQ-Contest] Not In The Contest

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Not In The Contest
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 20:16:53 -0500
Cute, Ken.

My own experience (at M-M, certainly not at home) has been trying to coax
the power from (usually) a slow rag chewing South American multiplier.  To
start with, he is flabbergasted.  He never got so many LOUD answers to a
simple CQ on 15M or 10M before!

SA Mult: W3xxx DE yy2yy RRR TU OM 589 589 OP JUAN JUAN W3xxx DE yy2yy K

W3xxx: yy2yy DE W3xxx R TU DR JUAN UR RST 599 599 QTH MD MD OP JOE JOE BT
HR RIG KW KW BT PSE UR WATTS? yy2yy DE W3xxx K

SA Mult: W3xxx DE yy2yy RRR TU OM JOE 73 ES DX W3xxx DE yy2yy SK dit dit

W3xxx:  R TU JUAN 73 yy2yy DE W3xxx SK dit dit

Well, you heard him -- he said 73 watts, and that's what goes in the log.

(BTW, I am NOT complaining about his linguistic skills.  He speaks English
a lot better than I speak Spanish.  And I appreciate his efforts at making
QSOs.)

And 73 to you, OM

Art K3KU