Re: [CQ-Contest] SSB & CW On Same Band

To: sawyered <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SSB & CW On Same Band
From: Andy Blank <andyn2nt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 13:15:14 -0400
Hi Ed.

Just to clarify about the CQ 160 contest;

The option for remote receivers is available ONLY in SO Assisted category.
It is not permitted in Single Op or Multi Op.

It's inclusion was in direct response to the request of more than a few
participants.
Due to the unique nature of 160, and lot limitations; many have added that
capability.
They have high noise levels at the TX site.

This accommodation was made to mirror the same rule incorporated in the
Stew Perry contest.
Remote RX must be located within 100KM of the TX site.

There have been some abuses of this, but due to the tools we have now it is
easier to detect.
As always, we hope and expect all contestants to follow the rules.

73, Andy N2NT
Director CQ160 Contest