[CQ-Contest] The Cutting edge

To: Contest Internet <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The Cutting edge
From: Martin Pelt <n4uu73@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:54:45 -0400
Instead of opposing new technology and new operating techniques I believe
they should be embraced.

We can criticize the RBN and packet but used properly by skilled operators
it is a valuable tool. Also the RBN is and will catch a lot of cheaters.
Just because it is used as crutch by less skilled does not make it bad.
SO2R will not be a winning strategy any longer. Dual CQing with ops like
CT1BOH , N6MJ and others are changing the game forever.

I for one love the RBN because now ops that don't have cheerleaders have a
fighting chance.

I think operators and multi stations that push the envelope is good for the
sport. If the envelope gets pushed too far yes contest commitees will have
to have more rules.

Back to my hole and working on antennas.

73 Martin N4UU