Re: [CQ-Contest] Encouraging Casual Participation in Contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Encouraging Casual Participation in Contests
From: Jim Preston <jpreston1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 11:58:29 -0700
Ron,

It isn't a presumption. WPX is set up on LOTW, and the cost is 12 cents per QSO.

I agree with a flat fee, but I'm thinking more along the lines of $5 or $10. Possibly charge 0.12 per QSO up to that maximum. The lower the fee, the more likely people will be to use the system. While I don't want the ARRL to lose money on LOTW, I think fees should be reasonable.

To keep this contest related, a lrge number of my confirmed prefixes have been worked during contests.

73,

Jim N6VH