[CQ-Contest] NRR awards

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NRR awards
From: <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 11:32:06 -0700
I am sure there are individuals on this reflector who participated in the
NRR (Novice Rig Roundup) and are wondering where your certificate is:
well here is the process..........

-----snip-------------
Hi, Guys: yes, there are certificates.  I have to weave the printing of
them between whats going on at the home front.  So it has taken much
longer than last year.

The certificate is made in two parts: the basic certificate itself is
letterpress printed, two colors.  That was the hard part, and that phase
is
complete.

Phase 2 is the labelling for individual names, total points, and the
year.  That was part of the delay.  I have them now.  Labelling of the
individual
certificates commences today.

Phase 3 is the signing.  Bry and I, as co-founders, sign each one, one at
a time.

Phase 4 is the address writing/ label printing, and packing the
certificates in a proper folder and envelope.

Phase 5 is hauling them down to the PO for mailing.  Which involves
postage going into three digits.  Yeah, mailing these things is a project
in itself.

A comment on why we do it this way: it's how it used to be done!  Every
aspect is exactly how an award would have gotten to you back around
1948.  Or 1938.  Or  1928.   Just like your rigs, your keys, and indeed
hand wrought cw in itself, it's laborious.  And it's worth it.  At least,
I think so.

---so says the certificate printer.

mike w7dra