[CQ-Contest] Crowne Plaza Credit Card transaction

To: "'cq-contest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <cq-contest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Crowne Plaza Credit Card transaction
From: ac0w@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 10:53:55 -0500
Apparently you don't travel a lot. A lot of hotels will do a
fictitious charge to the credit card to confirm the credit card is
good. At some point during your stay a cancellation of the charge will
be issued, which you will never see. None of these charges show up on
your monthly statement.
Most times this comes through under some other name and not the name
of the Hotel, such as the name of the hotel management group or in
this case the name of the chain. Crowne Plaza is part of the IHG chain
of hotels. The charge is typically for some value greater than one
night stay.
For some reason the way the transaction is run it typical shows as
card not present despite them swiping the card at check-in.
My practice when I get notified of the charge such as this after
checking into the hotel is to check the name to make sure it makes
sense for the hotel I check into. Many times the name of the
management group is in the lobby somewhere. But a quick search on the
web quickly gives me the answer I need.
BillAC0W

 Message: 5