[CQ-Contest] Dayton Crowne Plaza Credit Card Issues

To: CQ-Contest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Crowne Plaza Credit Card Issues
From: jpescatore--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 06:04:10 -0400
I've traveled constantly for the past 30 years or so. This was *not* an auth
charge, it was an actual charge to my credit card. The clerk at the Crowne
Plaza said that had been happening as part of IHG dealing with the hacks of the
various hotel point of sale terminals and it was causing many problems - as
many saw at the hotel.

Hotel chains have been pretty bad at security for quite some time - I have a
credit card that I use for travel and online purchases, and nothing else - that
way fraud hits (real or mistaken) don't require me to change automatic
billings, etc.

73 John K3TN

>From AC0W: "Apparently you don't travel a lot. A lot of hotels will do a
>fictitious charge to the credit card to confirm the credit card is good. At
>some point during your stay a cancellation of the charge will be issued, which
>you will never see. None of these charges show up on
your monthly statement."