Re: [CQ-Contest] Copying exchanges in ARRL DX CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Copying exchanges in ARRL DX CW
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 00:30:42 -0700
On Wed,6/14/2017 5:39 PM, K9MA wrote:
Maybe 6Y2T could QRS just a tiny bit?

YES! Garry, NI6T, has allowed our CQP group to use his call several times. We don't send his call at the speed of light. Our club call is W6BX. I insert half spaces in both calls to make it easier to copy. W6JTI mostly works QRP and mostly CW. He carefully inserts half-spaces in his F-key messages. I watched him do it setting up for our team expedition to CM79 for ARRL VHF. GOOD ops who aren't ego-centered do stuff like that.

A common mistake that EU stations make in DX contests is to bang away at 35+ WPM when conditions are causing lots of flutter over a path. Why is it that these guys think that THEIR signal doesn't have the same flutter at my QTH that mine does at theirs? Did these guys sleep through the fundamental principle of reciprocity?

73, Jim K9YC