Re: [CQ-Contest] Control Operators and Contesting

To: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Control Operators and Contesting
From: Vincent Weal <vincek4jc@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:11:18 -0400
Actually the hourly legal ID is supposed to be the call sign of whoever the
1x1 was assigned to. For example, K1N for the Navassa DXpedition was
assigned to K4UEE and I actually did hear those ops (at least the phone
ops) around the top of the hour say something to the effect of, "This is
K4UEE operating as K1N." However, I must say that's probably the only time
I ever heard a 1x1 station use the trustee's call at all!