Re: [CQ-Contest] Control Operators and Contesting

To: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Control Operators and Contesting
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 13:18:47 -0400
Was it the FCC or an OO card?

From what I have observed, actual humans making one time mistakes
aren't really picked up by the FCC. Repeated patterns of deliberate
violations are. The FCC doesn't have the resources to police the ham
bands, nor do they want to. It's self policing for the most part.

OOs are different. I got an OO card once for transmitting on 7125 LSB
by mistake, even though I had told the guy I was working sorry NIL,
out of band. OO still sent me a card anyway.

73
Ria, N2RJ