Re: [CQ-Contest] I hate ITU prefills

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] I hate ITU prefills
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 19:40:55 +0000
I play in contests to have fun.

When I play in contests, I only really seek to maximize my fun.

When the contest is done, my entry class will correspond to how I sought to
maximize my fun, even if my entry class ends out being "CHECKLOG".

I don't consider that cheating, although I will acknowledge that what I'm doing
is something that is different from others who maximize their fun by only
coloring inside traditional lines.  That's OK with me, and I choose not to be
bothered by those who disagree.  (I even usually appreciate why they disagree.)

And when it comes to prefills...I like them because it means I have to do less
typing.  The onus is still on me to copy what's sent, but at least I have to
spend less effort most Q's interacting with the logger, and therefore can have
more fun listening to what's coming through my headphones.

--
Michael Adams | mda@n1en.org