[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2022 - Letter of intent

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, wrtc2018@lists.wrtc2018.de, wrtc-sc@googlegroups.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2022 - Letter of intent
From: Tine Brajnik <tine.brajnik@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:15:08 +0200
Greetings to the World's Radiosport Community,

 As you know, we are all anticipating the 2018 World Radiosport
Championships (WRTC) to be hosted in Germany next July.  Preparations have
gone well, including tests of the stations and antennas in the field during
the IARU HF Championships.  Score reporting, log checking, and other
crucial administrative systems are in the final stages of preparation and
testing.  The final round of qualifying scores has been published and
applications for Team Leaders are being accepted.  We congratulate the
WRTC-2018 committee on their superb organization and transparency to date!

Like the International Olympics, it is important to provide continuity for
the WRTC program and give the radiosport community as much time as possible
to prepare for each event.  Thus, it is appropriate at this time to begin
the process of considering where WRTC-2022 will be held and who will make
up the organizing committee.  The WRTC Sanctioning Committee is responsible
for evaluating requests to host a WRTC event and selecting the winning
applicant.

 In order to begin the evaluation process, the WRTC Sanctioning Committee
requests any potential sponsor to send a written letter of intent to our
chairman, Tine Brajnik, S5ØA, at the address below.  The letter should
identify the group's primary leaders and contact information, along with
the general time frame and location for the event. We will then respond
with the WRTC requirements document from which a formal proposal can be
created.  The deadline for submitting the letter of intent is December 31,
2017.  Formal proposals will then be accepted until March 1, 2018.

 The WRTC Sanctioning Committee stands ready to answer questions and
provide whatever information we can to assist potential hosts in expressing
interest and making an application. It is our plan to announce the selected
hosts for WRTC-2022 during the closing ceremonies of WRTC-2018.  Thank you
for supporting WRTC with your donations, attendance, and most importantly,
by participating.  Since the first WRTC in 1990, the event has grown due to
the enthusiastic endorsement of the world radiosport community from all
around the world.  It is a distinct pleasure to begin the long journey
towards the ninth WRTC in 2022, wherever it may be held.

 Sincerely and 73,

The World Radiosport Team Championship Sanctioning Committee

Tine Brajnik, S5ØA, WRTC-2000                                         Ward
Silver, NØAX, WRTC-1990

President, WRTC Sanctioning Committee                            Secretary,
WRTC Sanctioning Committee

Velike Lipljene 24
         712 Jefferson St.

1311 TURJAK
      St. Charles,  MO 63301

Slovenia
             USA

Dan Eskenazi, K7SS, WRTC-1990                                       Atilano
Oms, PY5EG, WRTC-2006

Bob Cox, K3EST, WRTC-1996
Sergio Almeida, PP5JR, WRTC-2006

Rusty Epps, W6OAT, WRTC-1996                                       Harry
Booklan, RA3AUU, WRTC-2010

Robert Bajuk, S57AW, WRTC-2000                                     Roman
Thomas, RZ3AA, WRTC-2010

Martti Laine, OH2BH, WRTC-2002                                       Doug
Grant, K1DG, WRTC-2014

Jukka Kulha, OH2MA, WRTC-2002                                      Randy
Thompson, K5ZD, WRTC-2014