[CQ-Contest] Greene Co (OH) isn't very green

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Greene Co (OH) isn't very green
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 07:41:52 -0600
I was planning to attend "Dayton" in 2018.   As Southwest pulled out of Dayton last year and there are very few non-stops available,  I thought I'd make a road trip out of it, driving my Electric Vehicle from Colorado.  I've had the car for 2 1/2 years and made several long distance trips.  Interstate driving on auto-pilot is very relaxing.  Looking at the route, there's no problem getting to Dayton, as there are Tesla Superchargers all the way to the Englewood exit of I-70.

Expecting to make at least 2 round trips between downtown Dayton and the Greene Co Fairgrounds, it would be nice to be able to top off my charge at least once.  Greene Co has zero EV chargers near the fairgrounds.

I emailed Hamvention management and we had several emails back and forth about this.  I gave them info on how the Fairground can obtain and install chargers provided by Tesla for FREE.  Although they seemed enthusiastic initially, final answer was it's not going to happen.

While there are some chargers in the downtown Dayton area (I have a Crowne Plaza rez), it's a bit of a hassle, so I'm considering not making the trip.  Last Dayton for me was 2015 - maybe my last.

Barry W2UP