[CQ-Contest] 4U1WB

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 4U1WB
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 21:01:55 -0400
Where exactly did this operation take place from?  4U1UN, 4U1ITU, and 4U1VIC
all take place from specific UN buildings and because CQ recognizes them as
mults - they are not competing with their "home country" only other 4U1
competitors - maybe even just themselves.  Regardless of the fact that WPX
does not count 4U1WB as a special mult vs all other unique prefixes, it can
be strongly argued that it would generate plenty of extra activity from
general ham DXers.  I think its an unfair advantage to have a 4U1 competing
with its home country peers.

It sounds like CQ should come up with an across contest rule on 4U calls and
put this issue to bed.  Allowing 4U1WB to compete with W1 stations is not a
fair stance in my opinion.  Having it be a wild card that prompted Terry's
decision is clearly not good either.

Ed  N1UR