Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes SSB Practice Friday night and Saturday midd

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes SSB Practice Friday night and Saturday midday
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 20:50:50 -0500
Do people contest on 3.847 MHz?  I think 3.747 MHz would have much less
intentional QRM.

John KK9A

To:     cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject:        [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes SSB Practice Friday night and
Saturday midday
From:   Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date:   Fri, 17 Nov 2017 12:34:02 -0500

Get on the air Friday night and Saturday AM and test out your station,
microphone, make audio adjustments, and practice with your computer logger
for Sweepstakes SSB, in two practice sessions!

Friday night 9:00PM-9:30PM East Coast time (0200Z-0230Z). Anticipate that
most action will be on 80M and some 40M.

Saturday Noon-12:30PM East Coast time (1700Z-1730Z). Anticipate most action
will be on 20M, maybe some local stuff on 40M.

I suggest we hang around "the 47's" - 3847, 7247, 14247.

Use this opportunity to get audio checks, practice with your logger, adjust
your voice keyer messages, etc. Dial around the band listening for "CQ
Sweepstakes Practice", call "CQ SS Practice" to stir up even more action,
and work dupes to get as much practice in as we can!

Remember to create a new log for when SS starts for real at 4PM East Coast
time Saturday! (2100Z).

Tim N3QE