Re: [CQ-Contest] How to hook up 4O3A Series S bandpass filters??

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to hook up 4O3A Series S bandpass filters??
From: Pavel Perchine <un7lg@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 12:22:33 -0700 (MST)
From: John W <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>
To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 23:16:21 -0700 (MST)

Hoping somebody out there has got the Series S 403A bandpass filters.

I have a set of them that have been sitting here new in the box for a year or
more.

I want to use them this weekend but I don't know how to connect them, and I
don't want to blow anything up.

The two SO-239 connection points are labeled "ANT" and "OUT".

Obviously "ANT" means "antenna"

Except in my way of thinking, "OUT" also means "antenna".

Hence my confusion!

Which way is up? How do I connect these things?

No guesses please. The penalty for an incorrect answer is that you pay for
anything I blow up by following your incorrect advice. And these puppies are
not cheap.

After 30 years of contesting, I'm going to try running high power from home for
the first time EVER in any contest!

This summer, I finally got around to replacing all my RG-58 and RG-8X with
RG-213, a long overdue upgrade indeed.

Still running all wire antennas, with a garage FULL of steel and aluminum, but
that's for another day....

73,

John

W2ID