Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R bashing

To: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R bashing
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 09:31:19 +0000
Hi Mike,

Unfortunately I find your description of the SO2R operators to be somewhat too polished and innocent. And there are other issues than just keeping a 2nd frequency warm, occupying double spectrum space.

The most irritating situation is when I start running on a clear frequency, after inquiring multiple times if it is in use, only to be greeted with by an SO2R operator bluntly starting to CQ after 1-2 minutes on my now established run frequency. It is totally obvious that this operator has been busy on a run frequency and suddenly remembers that he must keep the 2nd frequency warm.

As this operator is busy running on the other frequency he/she will not acknowledge my messages that the 2nd frequency is now busy. So the constant SO2R 2nd frequency CQ is there in my face as soon as I switch back to receive.

And as I am marginally disturbing the rate of this SO2R operator who is busy on the run frequency, it is pretty obvious that he/she is willing to take the fight for a prolonged period to get the 2nd frequency back again.

This arrogant behavior is not adding to my fun.

Just sayin'

73
Peter SM2CEW