[RTTY] Thursday NS RTTY

To: NS <nccc-blue@kkn.net>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Thursday NS RTTY
From: "Ken K6MR" <k6mr@gmx.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 02:26:52 +0000
Greetings Diddlers:

Hopefully everyone saw N3QE's note back on 13 Jan regarding the Bouvet Dxpedition. I've checked out the web site but I'm still unclear as to when they plan on getting there and being on the air. One posting seemed to put them 12 days out from 20 Jan, which would mean sometime in the first week of February. So for the moment I don't think we will be affected by the operation. If anyone has better info, please post to the group.

So for this week I think we are still ok with our normal frequency selections. But I'm sure we'll know when activity starts, so if you find a big pileup just above X.080, just figure it's not the NS and we'll move up as needed. Most of our activity has been on 40 and 80 lately, so moving up to X.090 should not be a problem.

A smaller group last week, and conditions seemed really down out here. NCCCer KA6BIM had a free evening and dropped by for his first go at a RTTY Sprint. Welcome Dave and hope you get a few more free Thursdays!

The latest Space Weather Woman information was showing a very quiet sun so don't look for things to pick up any time soon. Except for some local contacts it looks like 20 and above are pretty much toast for a while. This weekend has the BARTG Sprint, and while not a Sprint as we know it should attract some good activity. And of course for you middle of the night types the CQ 160 should be interesting.

So if you need to check out things before the weekend (or you need something useful to do Thursday evening!), please join us for a bit of sprinting.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening session:

Friday,  26 Jan 2018, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 25 Jan 2018 in NA)

-- 1745 - 1815 PST
-- 2045 - 2115 EST
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up
-- 80/40/20/15/10 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q or band change.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know so we can get them fixed.

For something new (and exciting?), give the live scoreboard a try at https://contestonlinescore.com . Set up your logger to report and select the NCCC NA RTTY SPRINT on the web page to display the scores. The Help menu pulldown will give you the info needed to setup the most common logging programs.

Don’t forget to report your score to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz (+/- a few for ongoing groups) for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR