Re: [CQ-Contest] What's with the power = 0 watts exchange?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What's with the power = 0 watts exchange?
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:25:17 -0500
While I have the utmost sympathy to our fellow Amateurs in PR, I'm not certain
that the ARRL DX contest is the appropriate place to make a political statement.

If that is indeed what the "00" power was meant to indicate... well, how many
got the reference?   If it only sewed confusion, it didn't serve the intended
goal.  If someone simply logged it and moved on without another thought, it
didn't serve the intended goal.  If someone did get it... well, this isn't the
appropriate venue to discuss political shenanigans either.

73, ron W3WN