Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW makes public new benchmarking tool. 5-day availabi

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW makes public new benchmarking tool. 5-day availability (hurry)!
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 09:28:32 -0500
Doug, this is a brilliant. I've been making scatter plots like this myself
for a while based on 3830 reports but of course the data there is
comparatively incomplete.

And of course we all heard those stations sending "5" as their exchange
watts and have already graphed their S/N vs HP and LP stations via
Reversebeacon tools.

I know for sure, that the "guys who stick out like a sore thumb" are spoken
to by other members of their club and the contesting community and can
often be persuaded to enter with a more correct category.

I think there is value leaving the graphs up for completed contests too. I
have found the "mult vs Q" cloud scatter plots very valuable, in thinking
about my home station's strengths and weaknesses, and how I can most
productively use skimmer spots, to help me grow my skills and productively
use my time.

Tim N3QE