[RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, NS <nccc-blue@kkn.net>
Subject: [RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@gmx.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 18:24:32 -0800
Greetings Diddlers:

Well we just squeaked into double digits last week, although I had to add in
one station who didn’t report.  But still double digits.

Welcome to two new stations this week:  Dave, K6DAJ, who is a local NCCC member
and jumped in (I believe) for the first time.  Ned, K1GU, noted that he hasn’t
done RTTY for years, but had no problem navigating the NS.  Welcome and hope to
see you all back again!

Now that the NAQP RTTY is under your belt, time for the main event: NA Sprint
RTTY.  Just 11 days away.  Just two more NS sessions to go.  Let’s get those
Sprint skills up to date.

Note to N1MM users:  there does appear to be a bug in the NSRTTYDUPE module
with regard to scoring.  Dupes are not getting scored during the sessions, and
you need to rescore after you are done to fix it.  Working on a resolution, so
be sure to check that before posting your score.

Please join us Thursday evening and let’s get ready to rumble Sprint style on
10Mar (11Mar for you UTC watchers):

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening session:
Friday,   2 Mar 2018, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 1 Mar 2018 in NA)
-- 1745 - 1815 PST
-- 2045 - 2115 EST
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up
-- 80/40/20/15/10 +80kHz up from the band edge  (time to start checking 20m at
the start)
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q or band change.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links
to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know
so we can get them fixed.

If you would like to receive all the latest info about NS as well as a have a
place for comments and questions, sign up for the NS mailing list:

For something new (and exciting?), give the live scoreboard a try at
https://contestonlinescore.com .  Set up your logger to report and select the
NCCC NA RTTY SPRINT on the web page to display the scores.  The Help menu
pulldown will give you the info needed to setup the most common logging
programs.

Don’t forget to report your score to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on
3610 kHz (+/- a few for ongoing groups) for comments and questions (and dinner
menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR