Re: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change
From: Pierre Fogal <pierre.fogal@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 13:50:44 -0400
Well, if you make VY0 it's own section, then sweeps will be few and
far between.  To my knowledge the only time anyone has been on in
recent times from Nunavut was me, in 2014 or 2015.  I called until I
was hoarse and if I recall correctly, ended with a whopping 72
contacts.

Now, the antennas are better and we have an amp, but the chances of
someone being here to operate them is still pretty slim.  Lag time
over our satellite link is between 1.5 and 2 seconds -if we could get
the bandwidth- which is tough to work with.  The Sun has gone down for
the year by SS time, so that leaves a bit of time on 20m and antennas
on 40m and 80m have proven a challenge.

So, I'd strongly suggest leaving the north as one.  You're much more
likely to work VY1AAA than us at VY0ERC. That last 20 degerees of
latitude is a killer!

But do please work VY0ERC during WPX!  The Sun will be up 14 hours a
day so maybe even 15m will open!

73,
Pierre VE3KTB/VY0 and operating VY0ERC