Re: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions
From: "Richard F. DiDonna NN3W" <richnn3w@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 09:36:45 -0400
I agree.  Not every contest has to be a callsign copying competition.  Not every contest has to be a massive multiplier move fest.  Not every contest has to have the 10-Q meter pegged at 240 for the majority of the contest.  I get that participation is down in Sweeps CW - I mentioned as much myself in the discussion that took place in November and December.  But, viable fixes were proposed to that which 1) do not fundamentally change the nature of the contest, 2) do not continue to skew participation towards one geographic area over others, and 3) provide incentive to new operators.

Its clear that folks are NOT bothered by the exchange - as seen with Phone Sweeps.

73 Rich NN3W