[CQ-Contest] SS Multi-Op

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS Multi-Op
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 22:16:42 -0400
WB9SBD: " Speaking of Multi-Op, Why does it seem that multi-op efforts in
SS have all but vanished?"

Gee, my impression is that it was growing.  I think when I got started
mid-1960s there were very few Multi-Ops.  The calls K5LZO and W5ASP come to
mind.  Maybe they were the prominent/dominant team.

Somebody with more time and interest can do the research.

If M-O is, in fact, decreasing, then maybe it's because the load-sharing
that a not-hyper-competitive op used to do with M-O is now done with
click-and-log.

("Assisted/Unlimited" may be in some ways easier than plain Single Op, but
once people start competing in it, you have to work just as hard to win.
It's just the skills that are different.)

73, Art K3KU