Re: [CQ-Contest] CW SS: Some thoughts

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW SS: Some thoughts
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 10:16:31 -0600
The CAC works for the Board not the Contest manager.  Most contests have been moving up deadlines.    I would certainly opt for quicker deadlines in the hope of eliminated the log massaging that we have seen in recent years.

Maybe we need a different set of rules for serious competitors and causal ops.  I am sure that in some instances exceptions could be made.  I would be very leery of late submissions from a top scorer unless they had a heck of an excuse with proof, etc.

The CAC is simply an advisory committee.   It is tasked with certain things from the board, which may come from the contest manger but the CAC has zero power and some influence.  It is not the ruling body of ARRL Contests.

W0MU