[CQ-Contest] Missouri (MO) QSO Party - This Weekend

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Missouri (MO) QSO Party - This Weekend
From: Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 08:18:40 -0500
The rules and a current county activation map are online at
http://w0ma.org/index.php/missouri-qso-party.  It looks like most counties
will be active and there will be lots of rovers and expeditions, despite
possible wintry weather.  The fun begins on Saturday at 1400 UTC and goes
through 2000 UTC on Sunday with an overnight break.

There will be a second bonus station this year (KØH) in the Kansas City
area on the west side of the state - this has been picked up in a very
recent update to N1MM+ so update your software.  Not sure about the other
common programs.

Listen for the 1x1 stations whose suffixes are letters in the state motto:
SHOW ME.  If you work enough stations to spell SHOW ME, there is a special
certificate.

In-state stations will give a signal report and county abbreviation (see
the website - lots of counties have similar abbreviations) while
out-of-state stations give their state/province or just "DX".

Ellen KDØPES and I will be out on another of our county rambles - this time
disguised as KØS - roving in the northwest corner of the state.  If all
goes well, by the end of the contest we will have operated from every one
of the 100+ counties in Missouri over the past few years.  If you haven't
tried mobile operation in your state's QSO party, give it a try - it's fun
and you go places you would otherwise never see.  We will be starting from
the Linn County town of Marceline, MO - the boyhood home of Walt Disney and
the town on which Disneyland's Main Street USA was modeled.

Hope to put you in the log and that conditions are reasonable.  We'll be
focusing on 20 and 40 meters through the day, CW and SSB, with occasional
stops at  the County Hunters Net frequencies.

73, Ward NØAX