Re: [CQ-Contest] WriteLog for State QSO Parties?

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WriteLog for State QSO Parties?
From: "Tim Childers K9CQ" <k9cq@k9cq.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 09:22:04 -0500
In the Illinois QP there are two different designators for moving stations. A "mobile" can't work from a county line and are normally operators that try to cover as many counties in the contest as possible. A "rover" is a station that works mostly on county lines and might cover 2 or more county lines. "Rovers" tend to have a portable type antenna setup and run for several hours in on one county line. The "portable" stations stay on one line during the whole contest and are another category. I believe it is a fair way to divide them up because your only competing against similar operations.

Tim, K9CQ

-----Original Message----- From: Dave Edmonds