[CQ-Contest] New Top Band and VHF Contest Authors

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] New Top Band and VHF Contest Authors
From: Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 08:51:22 -0500
I'm glad to let everybody know we have a new author for the ARRL 160
Contest writeup.  Mark Beckwith N5OT has stepped into the ample shoes of
outgoing author, Gary Breed K9AY whose writeups we enjoyed for a number of
years.  Hats off to both gentlemen!  I know we'll continue to hear K9AY on
Top Band - have some fun, Gary!

On the very-short-waves end of things, Ralph "Gator" Bowen N5RZ is
replacing Jeff Klein K1TEO for the ARRL September VHF Contest.  Jeff had
been thinking about retiring from being the author for a while and now has
his hands full dealing with the loss of a tower and a bunch of antennas
from high winds just before the Hamvention.  We'll miss him on the bands
and in the authors roster, both.  Gator, we are looking forward to the
Texas perspective on this fall's contest.

Extending the run of new authors, Bob Striegl K2DRH has schedule conflicts
and needs to give up his post as the author of the June VHF Contest, coming
up next weekend.  We have an offer of assistance from long-time active
contester, Tim Marek K7XC, to provide some research and statistics to
whoever takes the reins as lead author.  But we do need a new lead author -
if you'd like to give the writeup a try, drop me or ARRL Contest Branch
Manager, Bart Jahnke W9JJ (w9jj@arrl.org) a note to learn about the
specifics.  There are lots of resources for you and you'll acquire a new
appreciation of the contest.

Thanks to all of the volunteers and "friends of contesting" who keep the
wheels going in the ARRL Contest Program.  With more than a dozen unique
contests, it takes a lot of shoulders to that wheel and a lot of goodwill.

See you on the bands!

73, Ward N0AX
ARRL Contributing Editor