Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Qualifying

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Qualifying
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 17:30:08 -0400
When K4BAI and I were competitors in Brazil in 2006 our qualifying region included all of W1-W4 with only two teams from that region. Talk about a tough region to have to qualify in! I can tell you that propagation in Georgia is nothing close to what it is in New England so the odds of us making it was very slim even if you had a super station.

In our case people ahead of us in the standings had to drop out for various reasons and others were teammates with someone else. They made it down to #7  in the East Region where K4BAI was and John picked me as his teammate.  I guess the moral of this story is just to try your best to have a good qualifying score and you might get lucky like we did.

Jeff KU8E