Re: [CQ-Contest] URGENT FOR RBN SKIMMER OPS - Making sure your RBN node

To: "N4ZR" <n4zr@comcast.net>, <RBN-OPS@groups.io>, <sysops@dxcluster.info>, "skimmertalk" <skimmertalk@contesting.com>, "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] URGENT FOR RBN SKIMMER OPS - Making sure your RBN node spots WRTC Y8#@ callsigns
From: "Jamie WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 16:08:13 -0400
no "S" ?!?!?! that takes the fun out it.....

73 de WW3S (or H or I, depending on the UBN report)

-----Original Message----- From: N4ZR
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 3:12 PM
To: reflector cq-contest ; RBN-OPS@groups.io ; sysops@dxcluster.info ; skimmertalk ; CQ Contest Subject: [CQ-Contest] URGENT FOR RBN SKIMMER OPS - Making sure your RBN node spots WRTC Y8#@ callsigns

The WRTC organizers have just announced that the WRTC competitors will
all use callsigns in the format Y8#@, where "#" is a single digit and
"@" is a single letter.  The calls actually to be issued were then
culled to ensure more-or-less equal difficulty for CW and phone - for
example, there are no Y85 calls included, and E, I,and S suffixes were
not included.

Assuming that you want your RBN Skimmer node to copy the WRTC
competitors fairly, you'll need to change your patt3ch.lst file. We've
automated this to make it trivial to do.

1. Go to the "patt3ch.lst" tabof the Aggregator. You should have already
entered the current location of this file in the box on this page.  For
those who haven't, browse to it at, nominally, "C:\Users\[your
username}\appdata\roving\Afreet\reference" and make sure the box is
properly filled.

2. Once the Aggregator knows where to find the pattern file, you'll see
on both the "patt3ch.lst" tab and the "Status" tab of the Aggregator a
red message that your patt3ch.lst file needs to be updated. Go back to
the "patt3ch.lst" tab and click the Download button.  Within a few
seconds, you'll see a green message indicating that your pattern file is
now up to date.

3.  One final, essential step - stop Skimmer or Skimmer Server and
restart it, to load the new pattern file.

Any questions? Write to me ASAP and I'll try to help.

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network

---