[CQ-Contest] Rs and TUs and Dits and Hold Your Fire - CW Sprint

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rs and TUs and Dits and Hold Your Fire - CW Sprint
From: Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 10:50:39 -0500
Sprinters,

As we work to encourage new Sprinters, please try to not let the adrenaline
get the better of you.

First - before dumping your call in there - WAIT UNTIL THE EXCHANGE IS
ACKNOWLEDGED.  Yes, it's a "jump ball" but you need to wait for that
quarter-second to let the QSL signal be received.

Speaking of QSL signals - PLEASE don't just use a "dit".  Yes, we all think
we're SO loud that OUR dit won't get covered up by the callers.  Guess what
- you send a 40 wpm dit and disappear, you increase the risk of losing a
QSO because the other station didn't hear you confirm the QSO.  It won't
kill you to send R or X (TU with that extra space boiled out of it) or even
a long dah.  (>>>>T<<<< in the lingo of N1MM+)

Be a pal, acknowledge my exchange to you and let the other station's
acknowledgement get through, OK?

CQ NA...

73, Ward N0AX