Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

To: "rjairam@gmail.com" <rjairam@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting
From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:29:54 -0400
Ria, I agree with you that if someone's "contesting" is 100% S & P with spot
and RBN fed callsigns on the screen and there is no serial number to copy -
that person's contesting is not incrementally different than hitting the
"autopilot" button and just let the computer do it - while you do what?  - take
a nap, go out to dinner, not sure.

For those of us that actually run the stations (the RBN or spotted station) it
would be a drastic change to let the computer have all the fun.

Change is not about just being potentially afraid its also about asking "what
is the purpose of the change and is it actually needed"?  Is it "more fun" to
watch the computer do the work?  Maybe for some.  Certainly not for many.  How
much of each, not sure.  I think Boeing has well demonstrated where change can
go too far.  Change for the sake of change is also not always a good thing.

73

Ed  N1UR