[CQ-Contest] FT discussions.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT discussions.
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2019 03:37:13 -0400
I agree with the moderator that this topic may have been beaten to death already. But it'll certainly come back as the mode develops.

I find some of the reaction surprising. Suggestions that it should not be discussed at all, or that it should be moved to another mailing list, are misguided.

Some of you may not like it, but the mode is specifically designed for contesting. There is no certainty it'll gain traction, but to pretend it does not exist is naive.

I'm an FT8 believer, but not an FT4 one, not yet. This latest attempt is way way better than the first one using the FT8 protocol. Much better than the first FT4 attempt. It's not over yet, there will certainly be more changes before it's all finalized.

As for 'Luddite trolls showing up on their reflectors', the issue is that it does not make any sense for an 'infidel' to join a 'believer's' group only to poo poo on the latter's beliefs. If that is the intent, please don't do it.

Some of you should know better, as you jump on others as soon as they deviate from your vision of the correct path to reach contesting paradise.

I venture to say that the fate of FT4 contesting will not be decided on the CQ-Contest mailing list. The same way that FT8's growing popularity with hams, and expanding use by DXpeditions, were not decided by the 'True Blue DXers'. If you don't know who they are, a Google search may help.

73 de Vince, VA3VF