Re: [CQ-Contest] Mixed Digital Modes in HF Contests

To: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Mixed Digital Modes in HF Contests
From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 11:11:07 -0600 (CST)
Hi,

From a brief review of the JSCALL documentation, it appears that its main
purpose is to provide the means for longer messages, a la rag chewing. It does
this by using additional 15 second transmissions to contain additional
data/plain text messages. This does not seem like a contesting solution: 1) it
takes longer for a QSO, and 2) data exchange isn't compatible with WSJT-X.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)