Re: [CQ-Contest] EU out of band on 160

To: EdwardS@sbelectronics.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com, cq-contest@contesting.com, n2nt@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] EU out of band on 160
From: Larry via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 00:03:11 +0000 (UTC)
I have been warned by the CQ committee about operating too close to the band
edge. They were doing their job and I applaud them for that.
I listened to a big USA station calling and working EU on 1809.5. Yes it was a
clear frequency in Europe because of the illegality of EU transmitting on that
frequency.
The contest committee should make an example of this kind of operating by
subtracting the "Q's" and penalizing for them. And yes, I expect the contest
committee to be knowledgeable with the countries regulations.
There will be examples of "unknown" as mentioned. Such as having the logging
program  not showing the exact freq, etc. but whenever possible the offense
should be dealt with severely.
This is a contest after all but it's still the "gentleman's band".
larry   n7dd