Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut numbers and V47T SSB recordings

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut numbers and V47T SSB recordings
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 10:33:41 -0300
That's funny Dave.  I have had DX ask me either on SSB or CW if "ON" was not
correct and I often wondered how NB equaled ON (on either mode).  For many
years it always confused me.  Weird.  It wasn't until I think about a year
ago someone on SSB asked me how close to Toronto I was and I said something
like "over 1000kms" and they said "wow, I never knew Ontario was so large".
I said "I am in New Brunswick..".and now here's where I learned about
qrz.com..my QSL manager is in Ontario, so folks are running an app or
something prefilling exchanges (I guess!?) with qrz.com data and not copying
what I am sending them. (or using the prefills in their logging programs)

That, and in 99.999% of cases a VE9 is ALWAYS in NB.

Now we know...the rest of the story !

Mike VE9AA "NB"..nowhere remotely close to my friends in Ontario.

Once, before I had a postal address at the rural QTH, I even had a strong

JA argue with me.  He kept saying that I had to be in VA because QRZ.COM

said so!

73, Dave K3ZJ

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB