[CQ-Contest] VE1OP SK

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] VE1OP SK
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 19:06:56 -0300
It's my sad duty to report to the contesting world that Scott Nichols, VE1OP
has recently become a SK a few days after he participated in CQWPX CW.

The driving force behind the Maritime Contest Club,
http://maritimecontestclub.com/

Scott and several other hams started this Contesting Club back around mid
2005 (give/take.it was before my time)

A passionate contester and good radio friend over the past 10 years, Scott
was taken from us much too soon. (57)

You can read other details of Scott's life below or (for the time being) see
his picture at http://mvosprey.org/

IN MEMORY of SCOTT B. NICHOLS

We regret to announce the sudden passing of our CEO, Scott Blair Nichols, at
the age of 57. He left behind his wife, Michelle, sons Blair and Bryan,
daughters Anne Louise and Megan and his four grandchildren. Scott started
with M.V. Osprey Ltd. in 1996 as Controller, became GM in 2009 and
eventually advanced to President and CEO. A great void will be felt by the
staff, captains, crew and Board of Directors with whom he worked closely
with during his career with the Company. Scott was well liked and respected
and will be sadly missed by many. He developed many long-term friendships
during his career in the fishing industry. He truly felt at home when
spending time at "the camp" with his wife Michelle and their fur babies. He
was a die-hard Blue Jays fan and enjoyed sportfishing, especially with this
father Art. We will all share in the loss of a remarkable man and leader.
Donations made be made in his memory to the charities listed below.

Please feel free to send donation e-card or email your condolences to
info@mvosprey.com (ref: Condolences) and we will pass them on to the family

RIP Scott

VE9AA Mike

Keswick Ridge, NB