Re: [CQ-Contest] Released Rules for CQ WW WPX SSB / CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Released Rules for CQ WW WPX SSB / CW
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 16:39:26 +0000
On 17/11/2020 12:48, K5ZD wrote:

<snip>

It's disappointing to see opinions stated as fact, or which don't tell the whole story.

Choice has not been eliminated.

That's true, but it fails to mention that choice has been reduced.

(The WPX scores show that operators NOT using the cluster often have higher
scores than those that do.)

That may be true now (for WPX), but we'll never know whether it would continue because, from now on, single-ops who want to be competitive will have no option but to use spots from other operators - especially if they're LP or QRP.

  Their enjoyment of the contest comes from many things beyond the score
listings by category.

My  enjoyment is increased when I see how I did compared to others in the same category.

We have gone from two single op categories to one. This will increase
competition,

Really? - where's the logic or the evidence for that?

73,
Paul EI5DI