Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW Contests

To: CQ Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW Contests
From: Dave Lawley <dave@g4buo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 20:56:02 +0000
I am another who is really disappointed to see this change, which has come out of the blue without any consultation. The blog entry starts out talking of the Multi Distributed category and only in the second paragraph are we told how the Single Operator category has been wrecked.

Under these new rules the single operator who wants to be competitive must either embrace cluster/Skimmer, or be limited to 24 hours in the Classic overlay. Neither is attractive to me.

I fervently hope this change to WPX doesn't encourage the organisers of CQWW to go down the same regressive route.

Dave G4BUO